Uber and Lyft Accident Lawyers in California
These rideshare companies have revolutionized the way that Californian’s commute. Unfortunately, there is a definite downside to using a service like Uber or Lyft. Most companies are responsible for the negligence of their employees, but Uber and Lyft treat their drivers as independent contractors and that difference gives Uber and Lyft limited liability for the car crashes that its drivers cause.
Why are Uber and Lyft Accident Claims Complicated?
Uber and Lyft accidents are complicated for a few reasons. These include:
- There are new laws on liability and the regulations are sparse.
- There is not a lot of existing case law for rideshare accident claims.
- Uber and Lyft do not “hire” their drivers. They are contractors, which makes traditional liability claims against the rideshare company difficult.
- Different layers of insurance policies may apply.
These complications are only the tip of the proverbial iceberg. Because of these complications, anyone who is injured while riding in an Uber or Lyft vehicle should contact a lawyer right away.
Why Contact Karns & Karns?
At Karns & Karns, we know how complicated Uber and Lyft accidents are and we have the tools and resources to get our clients the compensation they deserve. Our team has experience working for businesses and insurance companies, so we know how to fight back. You may be entitled to compensation for the following damages:
- Medical expenses and bills
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Medical imaging and scans
- Prescription medication
- Counseling and mental health therapy
- Medical disabilities
- Lost wages from time off work
- Physical and Emotional Pain and suffering
- Wrongful death (on behalf of a deceased loved one)
If you were a passenger, driver, or pedestrian who was involved in an auto accident with a rideshare driver, please contact Karns & Karns for a free consultation. While you focus on recovering, both mentally and physically, we will spend the time handling your case to ensure you get the best possible outcome.
Hear what others have said about us
Thank you so much for all the work everyone contributed to bringing my case to a successful conclusion. I am truly grateful to everyone.
I was traumatically injured on the job by a negligent forklift driver. I reached out to Karns & Karns when I began to suspect that my other attorneys didn’t have the expertise to resolve a complicated case where the defendant, a massive organization, said I was at fault. I’m certainly glad I did. Bill and Mike treated me with respect, knew the law, and did exactly what was necessary to make the defendant accept responsibility for their bad acts. I recovered $1,000,000.00, and I have Karns & Karns to thank for that.