Top Rated Truck Accident Lawyers in Los Angeles
Passenger cars and motorcycles are no match for the size and weight of commercial trucks. Commercial trucks can weigh up to 80,000 pounds. Because of their size, truck accident victims often suffer severe injuries and fatalities. Our Los Angeles truck accident lawyers represent accident victims and their families in California, Nevada, and Texas to help them get the compensation they need for recovery.
We Fight for Truck Accident Victims in los angeles California, Nevada, and Texas
Truck accidents cause severe injuries, fatalities, and significant damages every year. Navigating the legal process after a truck accident can be a massive undertaking, especially when coping with injuries. At Karns & Karns Personal Injury and Accident Attorneys, we offer aggressive advocacy to truck accident victims and their families throughout California, Nevada, and Texas.
Our truck accident attorneys in Los Angeles help individuals navigate the complex legal process and fight for the compensation they need and deserve after an accident. If you have suffered injuries in a commercial truck accident, do not hesitate to contact us for a free, no-risk consultation.
We offer a free case review to answer your legal questions, help you understand your best options for recovery, and determine whether we can help you in your journey. Call us at (888) 779-1180 or submit our online contact form to schedule yours today.
Common Types of Truck Accident Cases
Commercial truck accidents can occur in a variety of ways, often with devastating consequences. Some common types of truck accident cases we often handle include:
- Rollover accidents. Big rigs are more prone to rollovers due to their high center of gravity. Rollover accidents can result from taking sharp turns, speeding, or hitting obstacles on the road. They can also happen due to cargo issues. If cargo is uneven or improperly loaded, the trailer can tip, causing a rollover.
- Jackknife accidents. If a truck driver loses control, hydroplanes, or pushes the brakes too suddenly, the truck may “jackknife.” A jackknife accident occurs when the truck’s trailer swings outwards toward the cab, forming an “L” or “V” shape. When a trailer jackknifes, it may hit nearby vehicles.
- Underride accidents. Underride truck accidents happen when a passenger vehicle goes underneath an 18-wheeler. These accidents can occur with rear or side impact, trapping the car underneath the truck. As such, they generally lead to catastrophic injuries or death.
- Rear-end accidents. Large trucks require more distance and time to stop than passenger vehicles. Rear-end accidents can occur when a truck driver is following too closely, speeding, or not paying attention. If a car in front slows down or stops suddenly, the truck driver may be unable to avoid a crash.
- Tire blowout accidents. Large trucks require large tires that can bear the load of the cargo. Tires must be inspected and replaced often. Failure to maintain them may result in a blowout, which can cause road debris and impact the truck driver’s control of the vehicle.
- Blind spot accidents. Commercial trucks have blind spots on all sides, making it hard for truck drivers to see other vehicles. Accidents can happen if a truck driver changes lanes or turns without looking for or noticing a nearby car.
No matter the type of truck accident, you may be able to pursue financial compensation for your injuries and damages. Contact Karns & Karns Personal Injury and Accident Attorneys at (888) 779-1180 to find out how we may be able to help you.
What Types of Damages Can I Recover
in a Truck Accident Case?
After a truck accident, you may suffer severe injuries and extensive damages. You may be entitled to compensation if another person or entity’s negligence caused your damages. However, the damages you may be able to recover depend on your unique situation.
Damages in a truck accident case generally include economic and noneconomic damages. Economic damages are monetary losses and may include:
- Medical expenses
- Rehabilitation costs
- Prescription medication costs
- Lost wages from time away from work
- Loss of future earning capacity
Noneconomic damages include non-monetary damages you may incur. Examples of noneconomic damages include, but are not limited to:
- Physical pain
- Emotional distress
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Disability or disfigurement
- Loss of love and compassion (in the event of wrongful death)
Why Should I Hire a los angeles Truck Accident Lawyer
After a Truck Accident?
We recommend having an experienced semi-truck accident attorney in Los Angeles on your side after a commercial truck accident. Truck accident cases are generally more complex than other types of motor vehicle accidents.
Hiring a truck accident attorney is crucial for several reasons, including, but not limited to:
- Multiple involved parties. Numerous parties are responsible for the safety of a commercial truck. For example, the truck driver, trucking company, maintenance company, and cargo loading company may all play a role in ensuring a truck’s safety. When a truck accident occurs, one or more parties may share liability. A skilled truck accident attorney can determine all responsible parties through an extensive investigation.
- Complex regulations. Both the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and state laws heavily regulate commercial trucking. If you get in an accident with a truck driver, it is possible that the driver and the trucking company violated regulations. A proficient truck accident attorney in Los Angeles will have extensive knowledge of these regulations and how they may impact your case. They may be able to find evidence of violations to strengthen your claim.
- Preservation of evidence. Truck accident lawyers understand the importance of preserving and obtaining crucial evidence that could be lost or destroyed. For example, a truck accident lawyer will work to obtain the truck’s black box, driver’s logs, and truck maintenance records to help determine accident liability.
These are just a few reasons why working with an attorney with extensive experience handling truck accident cases is essential for your claim. Do not wait to get legal help.
Our experienced Los Angeles truck accident attorneys know how to investigate your semi-truck accident, determine the responsible party or parties, and get you top medical care. We can also communicate and negotiate with the insurance companies and prepare your case for trial if needed so that the outcome is fair and reasonable.
Contact Our Truck Accident Lawyers in los angeles
After a Serious Truck Accident
Karns & Karns Personal Injury and Accident Attorneys is ready to discuss your truck accident case, no matter your location in California, Nevada, or Texas. We have significant experience and success handling personal injury cases, including truck accident cases. In fact, we have recovered more than $100 million on behalf of our clients.
During a free consultation, we can answer your legal questions, discuss your situation, and help you understand your best legal options for moving forward. We can also determine whether we can help you seek justice for your damages. Call us at (888) 779-1180 or submit our online contact form to request a free consultation with our truck accident attorneys.
Find Out How Much
Your Case Is Worth In Minutes