Rideshare Accident Lawyers in los angeles
Rideshare companies like Uber & Lyft have revolutionized how we travel and commute. Unfortunately, both Uber & Lyft have come under scrutiny due to allegations of increased auto accidents, careless drivers, and acts of violence against passengers. Our rideshare accident attorneys advocate for victims of Uber & Lyft accidents in Los Angeles, California, Nevada, and Texas.
We Represent Uber and Lyft Accident Victims
in los angeles California, Nevada, and Texas
Have you or a loved one been injured in an Uber or Lyft accident? Whether you were a rideshare passenger, another motorist, or a pedestrian, you may be entitled to compensation for your damages. You may have a viable claim to recover compensation for medical expenses, lost income from missing work, and pain and suffering damages.
At Karns & Karns Personal Injury and Accident Attorneys, we represent individuals in Uber and Lyft accident cases throughout California, Nevada, and Texas. We may be able to help you on your journey to recovery too.
We encourage you to schedule a free case evaluation with our rideshare accident lawyers. Call us at (888) 779-1180 or submit our online contact form to schedule your consultation. During a free consultation, we can answer your legal questions and discuss your legal options. We can also determine how we may be able to help you.
Can I Sue Uber or Lyft for an Accident Caused by Their Driver?
After an auto accident with an Uber or Lyft driver, you may wonder if you can sue the rideshare company directly for your injuries. Most companies are responsible for the damages their employees cause. Uber and Lyft drivers are employees of Uber and Lyft despite big business trying to characterize them as independent contractors.
By classifying their drivers as independent contractors or self-employed, Uber and Lyft attempt to shield themselves from direct liability for accidents their drivers cause.
Despite these efforts by Uber or Lyft, you may still have viable legal options to obtain compensation for your damages in direct lawsuits against Uber and Lyft. You can also pursue a claim against Uber or Lyft’s commercial insurance coverage or the driver’s personal auto insurance.
Understanding Uber and Lyft Insurance Coverage After an Accident
Uber and Lyft require their drivers to have personal auto insurance that meets their state’s minimum requirements. Additionally, the rideshare companies offer their drivers commercial liability insurance coverage.
Liability insurance covers bodily injury and property damages caused by the driver to a third party. Examples of third parties may include a passenger, another motorist, or a pedestrian. The rideshare companies also provide uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage in some cases.
However, this liability coverage only applies in certain situations, such as when drivers are logged into the app and actively accepting or transporting passengers. Policy limits also vary depending on the situation. Uber insurance coverage or Lyft insurance coverage may apply in the following situations:
- The app is online and the driver is waiting for a ride request. In the event of an accident, Uber and Lyft may supplement coverage for any accident caused by the rideshare driver to a third party. Generally, these coverage limits include up to $50,000 per person for bodily injury, $100,000 per accident for bodily injury, and $25,000 for property damage.
- The driver is going to pick up a passenger or during a ride. Once the driver accepts a ride, the liability coverage increases up to $1 million. Uber and Lyft also offer uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage to their drivers during this stage.
What happens if the driver is not working at the time of the accident, meaning their Uber or Lyft app is offline? If this is the case, commercial liability insurance does not apply. You may have to file an accident claim against the driver’s personal auto insurance.
Determining available insurance coverage that may apply to your situation can be complicated. If you have been injured in an Uber or Lyft accident, we recommend discussing your case with a rideshare accident lawyer. A Los Angeles attorney can investigate the accident and find all potential avenues of recovery for your damages.
Why Contact Karns & Karns Personal Injury & Accident Attorneys After an Uber or Lyft Accident in los angeles?
At Karns & Karns Personal Injury and Accident Attorneys, we understand the complexities of rideshare accident cases. We have extensive experience handling auto accident cases, including rideshare accidents, and we may be able to help you too.
A few reasons you should consider contacting our rideshare accident attorneys include:
- We have a proven record of success. We work tirelessly for our clients to get them the compensation they need and deserve after a serious accident. In fact, we have a history of securing favorable outcomes in personal injury and accident cases. We have recovered more than $150 million on behalf of our clients.
- We are proficient at negotiating with insurance companies. Our attorneys are skilled and aggressive negotiators. We understand the tactics insurance companies often use to minimize or deny claims. We have extensive experience and success negotiating with insurance companies to secure maximum settlements for our clients.
- We are skilled trial attorneys. Our rideshare accident lawyers are experienced litigators. We are not afraid to fight for your right to compensation in court if we cannot reach a fair settlement on your behalf.
- We work on a contingency fee basis. There is no risk in pursuing an Uber or Lyft accident case because we do not charge any upfront fees. We handle the costs of your case, and we only get paid if we win your case.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our
los angeles Rideshare Accident Attorneys
Were you a passenger, motorist, or pedestrian involved in an accident with an Uber or Lyft driver? Do not wait to contact Karns & Karns Personal Injury and Accident Attorneys to discuss your situation.
Our law firm proudly serves accident victims across Los Angeles, California, Nevada, and Texas. When you work with us, we handle the legal process on your behalf, so you can focus on what matters – your recovery.
We provide a free, no-obligation consultation to review your situation and determine how we may be able to help you. Schedule your free case review by calling us at (888) 779-1180 or submitting our online contact form.
Find Out How Much
Your Case Is Worth In Minutes