Trusted Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Motorcycle accidents can have life-altering and devastating consequences for riders and their families. Our experienced motorcycle accident lawyers in Los Angeles are dedicated to helping accident victims seek justice and fair compensation. We handle motorcycle accident cases throughout California, Nevada, and Texas.
We Serve Los Angeles California, Nevada, and Texas Motorcycle Accident Victims
At Karns & Karns Personal Injury and Accident Attorneys, we fight aggressively for motorcycle accident victims and their families throughout California, Nevada, and Texas. We help them obtain the compensation they need and deserve after an accident. We have helped thousands of personal injury victims, recovering more than $150 million on behalf of our clients in settlements and verdicts.
Have you or a loved one suffered injuries in a motorcycle accident? Do not hesitate to contact us for a free, no-obligation consultation. We provide a free case evaluation to help you understand your best legal options and determine whether we can help you in your journey to recovery. Call us at (888) 779-1180 or submit our online contact form to schedule yours.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Motorcycle accidents are among the most devastating of all auto accidents. Motorcycles do not have the same level of rider protection as other vehicles. Because of this lack of security, accidents often result in severe injuries or death. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), motorcyclists are about 28 times more likely than passenger vehicle occupants to die in an accident.
Common motorcycle accident injuries include:
- Head and brain injuries. Head and traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) can lead to long-term cognitive, emotional, and physical impairment or disfigurement. TBIs can also result in death.
- Spinal cord injuries. Spinal cord injuries can result in chronic pain, nerve damage, partial or total paralysis, and other life-altering health conditions.
- Broken bones and fractures. Motorcyclists often suffer from broken bones in accidents. Bone fractures may require surgery and extensive rehabilitation to regain mobility and motion. In severe cases, amputation may be necessary.
- Road rash. Skin abrasions or burns from making contact and skidding on the road are known as road rash. Road rash can be minor or severe and can lead to infections, scarring, and even nerve damage.
- Internal injuries. Damage to internal organs may occur from blunt force trauma or penetration from debris or other sharp objects during the crash. Internal injuries can be life-threatening and require immediate medical attention.
- Death. Fatalities are common in motorcycle accidents. Riders are more exposed and vulnerable to injuries than occupants of other vehicles. If death occurs, the surviving family may be able to pursue a wrongful death lawsuit for the loss of their loved one.
What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident
Taking the right steps after a motorcycle accident can significantly impact the outcome of your case. If you are able, follow these guidelines to protect your potential accident claim:
- Call 9-1-1 and request medical attention. You should call law enforcement, and if you or anyone else has visible injuries or feels injured, ask for emergency medical attention. Law enforcement will ensure that medical responders come to the accident scene. If law enforcement comes to the scene, they will also put together an accident report that provides an official account of the accident.
- Exchange and gather information. Collect the contact information and insurance information of the other party involved. If there are any witnesses, you should also ask for their contact information and a statement.
- Take photographs. Document the accident scene, damage to your motorcycle, and any visible injuries. You should also take pictures of the other party’s vehicle. These photos can serve as critical evidence for your claim.
- Get a medical evaluation. If you did not get medical attention at the accident scene, you should as soon as possible. A medical assessment is crucial even if you feel fine or your injuries seem minor. Some motorcycle accident injuries may not appear right away. Additionally, the adrenaline from the accident may mask any pain. You want to ensure your injuries do not worsen by going untreated. In addition, you need documentation of your injuries for your potential accident claim.
- Contact your insurance company. You must inform your insurance company of the accident. However, you should avoid saying sorry or admitting fault. We do not recommend providing a detailed statement without consulting a lawyer.
- Consult a motorcycle accident lawyer. An experienced lawyer can help you understand your legal options after an accident. If you have a viable claim, your attorney can guide you through the legal process, negotiate with insurance companies, and fight for the compensation you deserve.
How a los angeles Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Can Help You After a Crash
When negligent drivers cause motorcycle accidents, they should be held accountable for damages. However, preparing for and navigating the claims process is complex. Doing it yourself while injured and focusing on recovery may feel impossible. A motorcycle accident attorney in Los Angeles can provide invaluable assistance and support during this difficult time.
An attorney can handle the entire legal process on your behalf. For example, an attorney can help you by:
- Investigating the accident and determining fault. An investigation can determine how the accident occurred and who was at fault. An experienced lawyer will conduct a thorough investigation of the accident. For example, your attorney may review the accident report, find and interview witnesses, and work with accident reconstruction experts to establish fault.
- Gathering and preserving crucial evidence. Your lawyer will collect essential evidence to strengthen your case. Evidence may include the accident report, medical records, photographs of the scene, and surveillance footage. This evidence is vital for proving negligence and the extent of your damages.
- Calculating the full extent of your damages. Your lawyer will determine your case’s value and pursue damages for any past and future expenses you incur due to your injuries. Determining the value of your claim involves evaluating multiple factors, such as the type and extent of your injuries and damages and accident liability.
- Negotiating with insurance companies on your behalf. Insurance companies often try to minimize or deny motorcycle accident claims. A skilled motorcycle accident attorney in Los Angeles will negotiate with insurance adjusters to work toward a fair and full settlement, ensuring you receive the compensation you deserve without the stress of dealing directly with insurers.
- Fighting for you in court. Most motorcycle accident cases are resolved through settlements. However, sometimes it becomes necessary to go to court. You may consider pursuing litigation if the insurance companies deny your claim or you cannot reach a fair settlement. If your case goes to trial, your lawyer will fight for your right to compensation.
At Karns & Karns Personal Injury and Accident Attorneys, our Los Angeles motorcycle accident lawyers can help you build a strong personal injury claim against the responsible party. A successful claim or lawsuit can help you recover various damages, including:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages and future earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Funeral expenses, in the event of wrongful death
When we take your case, we do not require any money upfront, so there is no risk to you. You owe us nothing if we do not obtain a verdict or settlement for you. Reach out to us today to find out how we may be able to help you recover compensation so you and your family can move forward.
Schedule a Free, No-Risk Consultation with Our Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Los Angeles, California
At Karns & Karns Personal Injury and Accident Attorneys, we understand the devastating impact a motorcycle accident can have on your life. We are committed to helping motorcycle accident victims and their families seek justice and compensation in Los Angeles, California, Nevada, and Texas.
Our motorcycle accident attorneys offer a free, no-risk consultation to discuss your case and explore your legal options for pursuing compensation. We can answer your questions and provide legal guidance on the next steps to take for recovery.
Do not wait to get the legal support you need after a serious accident. Contact us today to schedule your consultation and let us review your case. You can call us at (888) 779-1180 or contact us online.
Get Your Free Consultation
Frequently Asked Questions
At Karns & Karns Personal Injury and Accident Attorneys, personal injury is all we do. We handle a wide range of injury cases, including all types of motor vehicle accidents. For example, we represent victims of car accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, and rideshare accidents. We also handle wrongful death, slip and fall accidents, dog bites, pedestrian accidents, dangerous and defective products, construction accidents, and many more injury cases.
"Damages" is the legal term for what you have lost in the accident. Damages generally fall into two main categories, economic and non-economic damages. Economic damages include monetary or quantifiable losses you have incurred, such as medical expenses, lost wages, and property damages. Non-economic damages are more difficult to quantify because they are non-monetary losses. Examples of non-economic damages include pain and suffering, depression, and loss of enjoyment of life.
Each state has its own time limit for filing a personal injury claim. This time limit is called the statute of limitations. In California, Nevada, and Texas, most personal injury claims will fall under a two-year statute of limitations. That means you have two years from the date of the injury or death to file a lawsuit. However, there are certain exceptions to these deadlines. Consider discussing your unique situation with an experienced personal injury attorney from our firm. We can help you understand how the statute of limitations in your state may affect your potential claim.
Most personal injury lawyers, like us, work on a contingency fee basis. Working on contingency means that you pay nothing upfront for legal representation. Instead, you only pay if you win your case through a settlement or verdict. You and your lawyer will agree to an amount, usually a percentage. If your case succeeds, that amount will be deducted from the verdict or settlement. If your case is not successful, then you owe the lawyer nothing.