Truck Accident Lawyers Los Angeles
If you or a loved one are injured in a truck accident in Los Angeles, the consequences can be devastating. Medical bills can pile up, loss of wages can add stress, and the emotional toll can be devastating. When someone else’s negligence resulted in your injuries, you deserve justice. At Karns & Karns Personal Injury and Accident Attorneys, our truck accident lawyers in Los Angeles fight for accident victims and their right to compensation, helping them regain their lives after serious accidents.
Types of Truck Accident Cases
We Handle in Los Angeles
Our team of Los Angeles truck accident lawyers have a local reputation for providing experienced and dedicated representation to Southern California accident victims. We have helped our clients recover more than $150 million in settlements and verdicts. Our firm handles a wide range of truck accidents, including, but not limited to:
- Rollover accidents
- Jackknife accidents
- Rear-end accidents
- Sideswipe accidents
- Blind spot accidents
- T-bone accidents
- Underride accidents
- Head-on accidents
- Cargo spill accidents
- Tire blowout accidents
We also handle truck accident cases involving all types of commercial trucks. For example, we often represent individuals who have suffered injuries in accidents involving:
- Delivery trucks like UPS, FedEx, Amazon, and USPS
- Dump trucks
- Tow trucks
- Garbage trucks
- Tanker trucks
Why Do You Need a Truck Accident Lawyer?
Navigating the aftermath of a truck accident can be a daunting task, especially when you are trying to focus on recovery. Insurance companies, medical bills, lost wages, and trauma can all make the process overwhelming. An experienced Los Angeles truck accident attorney understands the complexities of these cases, handling the legal process on your behalf so you can focus on moving forward.
A truck accident attorney in Los Angeles may be able to help you in the following ways:
- Gather evidence. A truck accident attorney can help preserve, gather, and organize critical evidence that supports your claim, such as police reports, surveillance footage, medical records, and witness statements. An attorney can also work with reconstruction experts to help determine the cause of the accident and liability.
- Establish liability. Determining who is at fault in a truck accident can be complex, with potentially multiple parties involved. Your truck accident lawyer can work to establish liability, whether it lies with the truck driver, the trucking company, a parts manufacturer, or another party.
- Calculate your damages. A truck accident lawyer in Los Angeles can assess the value of your claim, including medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and emotional distress.
- Negotiate with insurance companies. Insurance companies often seek to minimize the amount they have to pay out. A truck accident lawyer will handle all communication with the insurance company to ensure your rights are protected. Additionally, your attorney will file your claim and negotiate for maximum compensation for your injuries and damages.
Litigate your case. If your case goes to court, your truck accident lawyer will represent, advocate, and fight for your right to compensation.
What to Do After a Truck Accident in Los Angeles
The steps you take immediately after an accident can significantly affect your ability to recover compensation for your damages. We recommend taking the following steps to protect your potential truck accident claim:
- Check for injuries. Check yourself for visible injuries. If you or anyone else is injured, call 9-1-1 to request emergency medical attention.
- Call 9-1-1. After a truck accident, even if it seems minor, you should call 9-1-1 to report the crash.
- Gather information. Collect and exchange details with the truck driver and any other involved parties. You should get the truck driver’s name, contact information, driver’s license number, license plate number, and insurance information.
- Take pictures. You should take pictures of the accident scene if you can. Document both vehicles, including any property damage. You should also take photos of any visible injuries, road conditions, and weather conditions.
- Seek medical attention. Even if you feel fine, get a complete medical evaluation as soon as possible after the accident. Some injuries may not be immediately apparent, and you need medical records to support your potential truck accident claim.
Contact a Los Angeles truck accident lawyer. Consider consulting with our truck accident attorneys in Los Angeles soon after the accident. An attorney can help you ensure that you are protecting your best interests and determine whether you have a viable claim to recover damages.
Schedule a Free Case Review With Our
Los Angeles Truck Accident Lawyers
Have you or a loved one been injured in a truck accident in Los Angeles or Southern California? Did someone else’s negligence or wrongdoing result in your injuries? Schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with our Los Angeles truck accident attorneys. You may have a viable claim for financial compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering damages.
At Karns & Karns Personal Injury and Accident Attorneys, we fight for truck accident victims in Los Angeles and throughout the state. We have office locations across California. Call our Los Angeles office at (888) 779-1180 or submit our online contact form.
Find Out How Much
Your Case Is Worth In Minutes