Experienced Bus Accident Lawyers in Los Angeles
Bus accidents often result in serious injuries and damages to victims due to their significant size and weight. You may face physical, emotional, and financial challenges as a bus accident victim, whether you are a bus passenger, pedestrian, or another motorist. Our bus accident lawyers fight for accident victims in California, Nevada, and Texas to help them get the compensation they deserve for recovery.
We Represent Bus Accident Victims
in los angeles California, Nevada, and Texas
If someone else’s negligence causes you harm, you deserve justice. At Karns & Karns Personal Injury and Accident Attorneys, we help accident victims seek the compensation and justice they deserve for their damages. We handle cases involving all types of buses, including public city buses, tour buses, private buses, and school buses.
If you have suffered injuries in a bus accident, do not hesitate to discuss your legal options with our Los Angeles bus accident lawyers. You may have a viable claim to recover compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and other damages. We provide a free consultation to determine whether we can help you with your case. Call us at (888) 779-1180 or submit our online contact form to get started.
What Are the Most Common Causes of
of Bus Accidents?
Bus accidents can result from a variety of factors. In many cases, driver negligence is the leading cause of accidents. Examples of driver negligence may include:
- Driver fatigue. Bus drivers often drive for long periods without much of a break. Tired drivers may have slower reaction times, impaired judgment, and a higher likelihood of making mistakes, increasing the risk of accidents.
- Bus drivers must keep to a tight schedule. When drivers fall behind their schedule, they may speed or drive recklessly to make up time. Driving at excessive speeds reduces the time drivers have to react to obstacles and increases the severity of crashes.
- Distracted driving. Distracted driving includes any activity that takes a driver’s eyes or focus away from the road. Examples of distracted driving may include talking on the phone, texting, or eating while driving.
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Drunk or impaired drivers have slower reaction times, poor judgment, and a higher chance of making mistakes, leading to accidents.
In other cases, the bus company or manufacturer may be at fault for accidents. A few examples of these situations may include the following:
- Failure to provide adequate driver training. Insufficient training may make drivers ill-equipped to operate large buses and handle challenging road situations, leading to accidents.
- Failure to provide proper bus maintenance. Neglecting routine maintenance can lead to equipment failure and malfunction, resulting in accidents.
Faulty equipment. Defective parts or equipment, such as brakes or tires, can cause a bus to malfunction and result in an accident.
What Are Common Bus Accident Injuries?
Bus accidents can cause severe injuries to passengers, other motorists, and pedestrians. For example, bus passengers often do not have seatbelts or airbags to protect them. Additionally, due to the significant size and weight of buses, pedestrians or other motorists hit by a bus may suffer catastrophic injuries or death.
Common injuries sustained in bus accidents may include:
- Broken bones
- Head and brain injuries, ranging from mild concussions to severe traumatic brain injuries
- Lacerations, contusions, and abrasions
- Spinal cord injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Wrongful death
Our bus accident lawyers understand the physical, emotional, and financial impact accident injuries can have on your life. We fight tirelessly for bus accident victims to obtain the compensation they need and deserve for recovery.
Bus Accidents Involving
Major National Bus Companies
If you are involved in an accident with a private bus, we recommend consulting with an experienced Los Angeles bus accident lawyer. Large private bus companies have extensive resources to fight claims. Their insurance companies will try to minimize or deny your claim. You want someone on your side to fight for your right to fair compensation for your damages.
Additionally, bus accident cases are often more complex than other auto accident cases due to the laws and regulations associated with them. For example, major bus companies must abide by specific rules about driver qualifications, driving time, insurance, and bus maintenance. These regulations can affect everything from accident liability to available damages.
At Karns & Karns Personal Injury and Accident Attorneys, we have the knowledge and experience to navigate the complex regulations associated with bus accident claims. We have significant experience handling cases involving private bus companies. Some of the most common major national bus companies that individuals use in California, Nevada, and Texas include, but are not limited to:
- Jefferson Lines
- Lux Bus America
- Tornado Bus
- Coach USA
Regardless of the company involved, our attorneys are committed to holding them accountable for damages and obtaining the compensation our clients deserve.
Bus Accidents Involving Municipal Buses
Have you been hurt in an accident involving a local city bus or a public school bus? Municipal bus accidents are even more complex than other bus accidents due to the involvement of government entities. Filing a claim against a government entity can be more challenging than pursuing a case against a private company for several reasons. Examples of these reasons include, but are not limited to:
- Statute of limitations. Individuals in Los Angeles California, Nevada, and Texas generally have two years from the accident date to pursue a personal injury claim. However, when government entities are involved, this deadline, or statute of limitations, can be much shorter. For example, in California, you only have six months to bring a claim against a government entity. Failure to meet these deadlines can result in losing your right to pursue compensation.
- Lawsuit notice requirements. In addition to the statute of limitations, you may have to notify the government before filing a lawsuit against it. Every state, county, and municipality may have different rules and regulations surrounding telling a government entity about a claim. For example, under Texas state law, you have six months to inform the government about a bus accident claim. However, in Houston, you only have 90 days to notify the city about a lawsuit.
- Damage caps. In some states, the law may limit the compensation you can recover from a government entity. For example, in Nevada, you may only be able to recover up to $200,000 in damages. Texas also has damage caps that vary depending on the level of government involved in the case.
Claims against government entities usually involve different procedural rules than claims against private companies. Given these complexities, it is essential to have an experienced bus accident attorney on your side that understands the intricacies of public bus accident cases. It is also important to act quickly so you do not miss any critical deadlines.
Who Is Liable for My Bus Accident Injuries?
Determining liability in a bus accident can be complicated and may involve multiple parties. Potentially liable parties may include:
- Bus driver
- Bus company
- Maintenance provider
- Government entity
An experienced bus accident attorney in Los Angeles can thoroughly investigate the crash to identify all potentially liable parties and build a strong claim on your behalf. Identifying all responsible parties is crucial in securing the compensation you deserve for your injuries and damages.
Navigating the legal process to obtain compensation can be overwhelming, especially when dealing with injuries. At Karns & Karns Personal Injury and Accident Attorneys, we understand that life after a serious accident can be physically and emotionally challenging. We handle the legal process on behalf of our clients, so they can focus on what really matters – their recovery.
Schedule a Free Case Review With
Our los Angeles Bus Accident Lawyers
Have you or a loved one suffered injuries in a bus accident in California, Nevada, or Texas? You may be able to recover compensation for your damages if another person or entity caused your injuries.
Contact our bus accident attorneys to schedule a free, no-risk consultation to discuss your situation and explore your legal options. During your free consultation, we can review the details of your case, answer your questions, and discuss potential next steps.
Do not wait – reach out to our bus accident attorneys in Los Angeles today and take the first step toward recovery. Call us at (888) 779-1180 or submit our online contact form, and we will contact you soon.
Find Out How Much
Your Case Is Worth In Minutes